THINGS TO KNOW:
- Leather wears and softens with age
- Our belts are designed to look vintage and aged, they will wear further over time
- Leather can be prone to fading over time, especially when exposed to direct sunlight
- Those little flecks, creases and variations you might see on a leather piece are the animal’s natural markings - they are not faults, but features
- Screw-in hardware on leather pieces can loosen with wear – be sure to give yours an occasional tightening
- the brown leather hippi belts will easily mark and crease, this is part of the leather's finish and will continue to give your belt the desired aged, vintage effect. For deep scratches and marks polish up the belt with a leather conditioner.
WAYS TO CARE
- Wipe away most superficial scratches, scuffs or marks with a clean, damp cloth – a gentle, even wipe over the entire panel before leaving your piece to dry naturally is best
- keep you belt rolled up and stored away in its Daffi Bag
- Strong detergents or hard rubbing may remove the paint finish
- Keep your leather piece, and its hardware, dry at all times
- Try not to get your leather wet as it may warp and discolour. Let damp or wet leather dry naturally - never dry leather with a direct heat source as this can warp the leather further.
- Rub a leather conditioner into your belt every few months, focus on edges and worn areas